Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

I don’t know about you all but we definitely hit the New Year running. Our first married Christmas and New Year were awesome but time off went by way to fast. We have already moved into our new house and Allison has been back at school for a week…..ridiculous.

So as part of starting off 2009 right and preparation for our trip to France this summer we have instituted “study hours” at the house. Really just for me b/c Allison has to study all the time and she is a great student and very disciplined. (Did you know that she got a 4.0 her first full semester that she was married) So Tuesday and Thursday evenings are now study time. I am reading two books one on French Culture (Sixty Million Frenchmen Can’t Be Wrong) and one on Islam (Answering Islam). I am also listening to lectures from an Intro to Islam Class on biblicaltraining.org as well attempting to learn French via Rosetta Stone. I say this so that you will ask how it is going and thereby hold me accountable to edumacating myself.

In parting I would like to leave you with an example of the French I have been able to learn, with the assistance of my wife: “Il dort avec les poisons” Translation “He sleeps with the fishes.”

1 comment:

The Dodds said...

We LOVE biblicaltraining.org! What an amazing resource!!